Forums » Introduce Yourself

" Along with

• 739 posts
    August 9, 2017 8:15 AM BST

HOUSTON - James Harden is doing it all, helping the Rockets get off to a great start despite several starters missing significant time with injuries.He ranks second in the NBA in scoring with 25.2 points a game and the Rockets are 13-4 and in second place in the Southwest Division of the Western Conference entering Wednesdays game against league-leading Memphis.Theyve gone 4-2 in their last six games with Dwight Howard out with a knee strain.Were definitely in a good place right now, Harden said. Obviously were banged up a little right now, but were fighting through adversity.Along with Howard, the Rockets are also without point guard Pat Beverley (hamstring) and forward Terrence Jones (left leg nerve damage). Isaiah Canaan filled in nicely for Beverley but now hes hurt, too, out indefinitely with an ankle injury.Hardens workload has increased with so many players injured and he is averaging more than 37 minutes a game this season. Coach Kevin McHale raved about what he has done so far, but worries about overloading him.Hes got a lot of responsibility on him, McHale said. Theres a lot of nights its tough. He has the ball a lot creating offence for himself and for others. Hes just got to keep hanging in there and doing it. It would be nice if we could get some of these guys healthy and give him a little bit of a rest.Harden, who has six 30-point games this season, chuckled and shook his head when told that McHale is concerned about his workload. The 25-year-old knows there really isnt another option right now.I just go out there and not worry about it and just do my job to the best of my ability, Harden said.Howard has enjoyed watching Harden work.Hes doing a great job of getting everyone involved, finding people late in the shot clock, attacking the basket and making plays, Howard said. (Hes) been a little bit more scrappy. Hes rebounding, Hes doing everything.With both Beverley and Canaan out, the Rockets started 37-year-old point guard Jason Terry for the first time this season on Saturday in a win over the Bucks. He responded with a season-high 18 points and McHale hopes he can build on that performance to help take some pressure off of Harden.Were going to have to have that, McHale said. Were going to have to get him off the ball at times and other people are going to have to step up.Harden has been a high scorer since arriving in Houston in a trade with Oklahoma City in 2012. But this year hes become a more complete player and has increased his numbers in rebounding (6.2 a game), assists (6.8) and steals (1.9). But perhaps more important than any of those statistics is that hes made a conscious decision to beef up his defence after being criticized for sub-par play in that area this off-season.Trevor Ariza, who was added before the season in part to improve Houstons defence, has been impressed with Hardens work defensively.Hes definitely putting forth an effort to get better at that, Ariza said. Hes the first person to say when he makes a mistake or when he slips up on an assignment ... and when you call yourself out on your mistakes, that shows improvement and that youre willing to get better and you want to get better.Harden has been a leader for Houston since joining this team, but seems to have a renewed focus on helping the Rockets improve this season after last years first-round exit from the playoffs.I think this past summer really helped me out maturing as a basketball player, he said. Not really worrying about the things I cant control and focusing on my teammates, my coaching staff and winning basketball games. Then everything else will fall in place.Houston will need him to continue his strong start with no timetable for the return of any of the injured starters. Howard is making progress and said Tuesday that the pain in knee is subsiding, but he doesnt know when hell return.I want to get back out there now if I could, but I dont think its smart to try and rush anything, Howard said. When Im 100 per cent, when Im close to it, Ill play. I dont want to give my teammates nothing but the best. Zach Collins Jersey. He will be practicing with the Norfolk Admirals (AHL) on a conditioning assignment. - @AnaheimDucks Corey Perry has a knee sprain and will miss the next three to four weeks. Zach Collins BLack Jersey. The Brazilian-born strikers brace drew him level with Real Madrid star Cristiano Ronaldo as the leagues leading scorers with 17 goals apiece through 16 rounds. "The important thing is to help the team win, not the goals," Diego Costa said. After a first half dominated by defence, Atletico pressed Valencia into its area and Diego Costa did the rest. http://www.blazersteamofficial.com/Zach-Collins-Blazers-Jersey/. The Laval Rouge et Or defensive back/kick-returner gained the invitation following his showing Sunday at an NFL regional combine in Baltimore. Zach Collins White Jersey.com) - Whew! North Dakota States reign as the three-time FCS national champion was pushed to the limit by South Dakota State on Saturday, but freshman R. Zach Collins Red Jersey. I wondered how NHL coaches would feel about a playoff schedule that allowed them to open a best-of-seven series on the road, which many claim to favour, yet still gave them the precious home-ice edge for a seventh game.TUSCALOOSA, Ala. -- It wasnt the biggest pass of AJ McCarrons career, but it might have been the most personal. McCarron threw for two touchdowns and became No. 1 Alabamas winningest quarterback in Saturdays 49-0 victory over Chattanooga. His most memorable toss went for 3 measly yards. On his final drive in his last game at Bryant-Denny Stadium, McCarron found his little brother, Corey, early in the third quarter. The crowd might not have gotten excited, but their mom, Dee Dee Bonner, made her feelings known. "I literally could hear her screaming as soon as he caught it over everybody," AJ McCarron said. "I guess the rest of the crowd was, All right, great, 5-yard gain. And she was still yelling. The whole family was probably crying." McCarron completed 13 of 16 passes for 171 yards for the Crimson Tide (11-0). He improved to 36-2 as a starter, breaking a tie with Jay Barker for the school mark. McCarron and Alabama got an easy tuneup for the Iron Bowl against No. 6 Auburn to determine the Southeastern Conference Western Division champion. Both teams are still hoping for national title shots in a state that has claimed the last four BCS championships. The Tide defence produced its third shutout of the year, blocking a field goal against the FCS Mocs (8-4). "For me, it was perfect," linebacker C.J. Mosley said of his final home game. "We came out with a shutout. It cant get any better than that for a defensive player. We talked about this being a momentum game, going into next week and the rest of the season." Kenyan Drake ran for 77 yards and a 13-yard touchdown with starting tailback T.J. Yeldon sitting out to rest a sprained ankle. Freshman Derrick Henry ran six times for 66 yards and scored on a 5-yard touchdown set up by his own 27-yard scamper. Christion Jones scored on a 75-yard punt return in the second quarter for his third return TD of the season. It was atonement for Jones, who fumbled a return after Chattanoogas first series. Alabama outgained the Mocs 435-175 despite turning to the backups for most of the second half. McCarron and the other seniors were honoured in a pregame ceremony. The two-time national champion quarterback threw a 28-yard touchdown pass to Kevin Norwood and a 38-yarder to Amari Cooper. Norwood had four catches for 84 yards -- all in the first half -- also in his home finale, including a 50-yarder. "It was kind of an emotional thing for me, too, at the end of the game, because a lot of those guys have meant a lot to the program," Tide coach Nick Saban said.dddddddddddd "We really wanted to go out and play well for those guys." Backup receiver Chris Black took an end around 31 yards for a touchdown and Henry scored on a 5-yarder. Chattanooga started backup quarterback Terrell Robinson with Jacob Huesman nursing a knee injury. Robinson went 8 of 15 for 82 yards with an interception. He also ran 13 times for 37 yards. The Mocs had already clinched a share of the Southern Conference title. Now, theyre hoping for an at-large berth to their first FCS playoffs since 1984 with Samford getting the automatic berth with a 33-32 win over Elon. Chattanooga coach Russ Huesman pointed to Georgia Southerns upset of Florida Saturday as evidence of the leagues strength in his own teams post-season prospects. "Our conference, the Southern Conference, stinks according to everybody out there," Huesman said. "But weve got the fourth-best team in the conference beating Florida. If everybody thinks the Southern Conference stinks, youre nuts." The Mocs had a couple of scoring chances halted. Trey DePriest picked off Robinsons fourth-down pass at the Alabama 17 after Jones early fumble. AShawn Robinson blocked a field goal for the Tide, which has allowed five touchdowns in its last six games. "We lost 49-0, but at the same time we knew what we were up against this week -- the No. 1 team in the nation," Terrell Robinson said. "Theyre blowing a lot of teams out this year. We just wanted to come in and compete today, and I think we did that." Along with Yeldon, tight end Brian Vogler and cornerback Deion Belue sat out the game with injuries. Guard Arie Kouandjio sprained his left ankle during the game but Saban said he could have returned. As for the McCarron-to-McCarron connection, the Tide quarterback had been pushing for the chance for a while. Saban asked offensive co-ordinator Doug Nussmeier to make the call and told AJ McCarron exiting the locker room at halftime that it was coming. "If I had dropped it, he would have yelled at me in front of a lot of people," said Corey McCarron, a transfer who walked on. "That was one of the greatest moments of my life. I would never trade it for anything." Wholesale Jerseys  Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Authentic Jerseys From China Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys ' ' '